NWET is a forum for the industry & academia to discuss & share knowledge on emerging technologies & practices. NWET-2009 and NWET- 2010 were conducted with focus on HVDC, FACTS and Advances in grid management and power trading. NWET-2011 and NWET-2012 focused on Energy conservation and modern power distribution. NWET-2013, NWET-2014 and NWET- 2015 discussed on Energy policies and Regulations, modern grid management and issues related to Grid Integrated Renewable Energy System with Design Consideration & Challenges. NWET-2017 concentrated on Present Research Trends in Power System Operation and Control. In 2018, NWET will be focusing on Advances in Power Transmission.
Transmission infrastructure is the backbone for operation of a competitive electricity market. Efficient operation of a transmission system in terms of providing reliability, avoidance of disturbance and less transmission losses also requires continuous strengthening of transmission system. The re-engineering of power transmission systems is crucial in responding to the challenges of the future such as security of supply, integration of renewable generations and creation of integrated energy markets. NWET-2018 will be a place for interaction between academic researchers from reputed institutions and experts from industries to share their experience, concerns and possible advancements on the above issues.
The major areas of discussion will be on:
• Power Scenario in Odisha
• Transmission planning and ‘General Network Access’
• Power Electronics application: VSC based HVDC and SVC projects for Indian Transmission network
• Congestion Management and Transmission pricing
• 1200 kV AC and 800 kV HVDC Transmission status in India
• EHV Transmission class equipment and recent developments
• Test facility for EHV and UHV Equipment
• Protection against Load Encroachment and blackouts, studies using RTDS
• Status of Smart grid projects in India.
• Protection of Transmission lines and substations against transients.
• Renewable energy integration with Grid and handling of uncertainties
• Status of wind energy in India and opportunities
• Real time mini-simulator developed for Power Electronics based systems for Technical Institutions
• Skill development through Real time operator training in a simulated environment